Made quite a bit of progress over the past few days. Though I ran into a nasty snag yesterday trying to get the PC to even turn on. Turned out the On/Off header that the power button connected to was color coded incorrectly. So instead of hooking up the switch, I was plugging in the LED instead which just shorted out the power supply!
So after 2.5hrs of screwing around with that, I was able to start making some real progress. With that said, the list of accomplishments go as follows:
- PS1 screen mounted, wired and tested. Composite for now.
- All buttons, LEDs and Spindle control installed.
- Face plate rough mounted.
- All wires extended and plugged in.
- ATI X1300 128MB graphics card installed.
A full update and pics can be seen on MBB as always.
Progress still needing to be made:
- Finish wiring up the CNC Controller to the face plate
- Cut plastic panels and mount back hardware (i.e. spindle and stepper motor jacks)
- Prime and paint the main box
- Label buttons and add decals
I’m hoping by the end of Saturday I’ll have much more complete, at least to the point I can get my router running again as I have a few jobs that I need to get started on, including another case for a ShockSlayer commission. If you didn’t see his previous video of the last case I sent him, have a look. Quite comical in its approach and not the format I was expecting, but fun to watch regardless!