The Cross Plane KickStarter Cancelled

Posted: 10/01/2013 in General News
Tags:

So sadly, today we pulled the plug on the KickStarter campaign that we’d been working so hard for the past year to create. Though it was a hell of a ride to get that point, it is kind of sad to see it go. But, not all is a loss as the experiences we gained through this will stick with me forever and hopefully open up a few doors in the future.

With that said, I’d just like to say thank you to all the supporters of the project and those who wanted to see it succeed as much as we did. Maybe in the future something will come of this but for now, we’ll put it on the shelf of interesting items and see how we can refine the theory into something people will crave!

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Jim E Rustler says:

Was it worth quitting your job over? Don’t you think that was a bit premature to do so, with asking for so much money?

• Downing says:

Not really, I didn’t have much of what one would consider a “real job” to begin with. It was just a form of income while I worked on the project. It wasn’t until the last couple of weeks before we released this did I finally leave. It was going to have to be either way really because if this didn’t work, I couldn’t have continued to work were I was because there just wasn’t enough money in it.

2. Chuck Fulminata says:

Why was it cancelled?

3. Anthony says:

I want a cross plane and asI said I will pay any amount to have one even if it is 1000 dollars I will do it also is it possible if and when you do sell them individualy that you can sell them in kits so that I can paint the front and back a certain color

4. Timm says:

I’m sad to see this go. I found out about it just this morning, but loved the concept and the implementation. I was literally just beginning a Wikipedia article about it when I found this page.

5. billy says:

try again this year. its 2014. please put it back up!!!!

6. Acey says:

I know a lot of people interested who would have shelled out the money. We just didn’t ever hear about it until now, a year later.

7. Denny says:

Seriously, I didn’t even know that this exists. And just so you know, I’ve been searching for this kind of controller for so long (I even thought of making it myself, albeit I don’t the skills to do that).

I really suggest you to try to raise it again. Maybe with a much better planning, a better marketing, and a more affordable price (this is also one of the main reason why the campaign failed). I bet there are a lot of unlucky people like me who are actually very interested as well.