Last weekend I did a small case commission for ModRetro user [Bud] who has been an old trading partner for awhile now. The speakers that are in the two controllers for the SNES-001 Advance project were from him as well the Li-P0 batteries that are in my GeneBoy came from [Bud] as well.

Two weeks ago I got a request from him to take the case he had in store for another (and incredibly small) N64 portable he’ll be working on over the summer. However he was having trouble getting the button holes to have the nice finished look as he lacked a Step-Bit and countersink. I took this on as a favor to him as after the summer, he will be joining the men and women of our Air National Guard and will be serving our country in the years to come, so I applaud you!

With that said, [Bud] also sent the buttons and the pre-drilled case halves for me to clean up. Simple enough, however I still managed to find a way to screw it up… Not noticing that the back half of the case had two holes in it for Z and R, I assumed that the A & B buttons he had sent were going on the left side (I have no idea why I thought that) and then the two actual A&B buttons for the controller were the matching NES buttons. Long story short, I made an oops, however when he got them, he found a solution that would work out just fine and all way good! Much to my relief as I really don’t like screwing up!

But good luck to you [Bud] and I can’t wait to see your progress with this. Keep in touch!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s